Church of San Fiorenzo (Bastia Mondovì).
Before the year 1000 was a small chapel, later enlarged. It was frescoed in the early fourteenth century. In the 14th-15th century a large gothic nave was built, transforming the previous chapel into a presbytery. In 1472, on commission of the Lord of Carassone, Bonifacio della Torre, the interior of the church was decorated with a cycle of frescoes covering 326 m² and illustrates the most important episodes of the New Testament, of the lives of San Fiorenzo and of St. Anthony the abbot. In 2013, two steel sculptures by Fernando Babu are installed in the churchyard: The Canticle of a lifetime and walking together.
The large panels occupy all the spaces of the walls, as in a sacred medieval representation. In the episodes of the Life of Saint Fiorenzo the saint is depicted as a martyr of the Thebest and Evangelizing Legion. In heaven, or heavenly Jerusalem, next to the Crowned Virgin, the souls of those who carry out the prescribed seven works of mercy and pursue the path of virtue are welcomed. Hell is depicted in a realistic way, with the series of vices swallowed by the mouth of the Infernal Dragon. Twelve panels show scenes from the life of Saint Anthony Abbot. In the last box there is the inscription in Gothic characters: “MCCCCLXXII die XXIII mensis iunii hoc opus Stool proud Facius turrinus”. On the façade are depicted episodes of the Childhood of Jesus, inspired also by the apocryphal Gospels; On the left side wall, in twenty-two panes appears the Passion, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, whose image is the defining point of reference of the whole narrative; On the wall of the altar located in the presbytery, stands the crucifixion, with underlying figures of saints and frescoes dating back to the early fourteenth century: on the right wall is depicted St. George slaying the dragon, on the time the Christ blessing and the Four Evangelists; From the left wall you enter a baroque-style side chapel where the remains of San Fiorenzo are assumed, as evidenced by an ancient plaque that reads: “D.O. m HAC iacent in Hara Osa D. Flor M. ex Leg. Web “. Several artists are the authors of the pictorial cycle of San Fiorenzo, among which we find the Mazuchus; These have characterized their works in the International Gothic style, not only in the south of Piedmont. (Source Wikipedia)